The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) apply to us and our use of personal information.
we, us and our references are to GW & RL De Vere trading as De Veres Cleaning ABN 42 641 908 420 and De Vere Solutions Pty Ltd as trustee for De Vere Family Trust ABN 26 360 229 157.
you and your refer to each and every individual whose personal information we may handle from time to time.
- information or an opinion
- the health, including an illness, disability or injury (at any time) of an individual; or
- an individual’s expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to the individual;
- a health service provided, or to be provided, to an individual;
that is also personal information;
- other personal information collection to provide, or in providing, a health service to an individual;
- other personal information collected in connection with the donation or intended donation, by an individual of his or her body parts, organs or body substances; or
- genetic information about an individual in a form that is, or could be, predictive of the health of individual or a generic relative of an individual.
personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether or not the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
sensitive information means:
- information or an opinion about
- racial or ethical origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a trade or union;
- sexual orientation or practices;
- criminal record, that is also personal information;
- health information about an individual;
- genetic information about an individual that is no otherwise health information;
- biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification; or
- biometric templates.
- Type of personal information collected
We collect personal information about our employees, customers, suppliers, visitors to our website and contractors.
The type of information collected by us is dependent on your engagement with.
The type of personal information we may collect includes: age, date of birth, gender, photographs, work and/or home address, phone numbers, email address, medical details or records, emergency contact information and credit card details.
We may also collectinformation about the types of social media platforms you engage with and information about your relationship to us.
We may collection personal information over the phone, by email or through our website.
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which we collected your personal information, and for reasonably related secondary purposes within your reasonable expectations (unless it is Sensitive Information, in which case the use or disclosure must be directly related to the primary purpose).
We collect, hold and use your personal information primarily for purposes including, but not limited to:
- informing you about our services, products, development and events;
- obtaining feedback from you;
- covering our liability obligations which may require us to use your personal information in our incident and medical reporting;
- undertaking business transactions with you;
- complying with our obligations of employment;
- providing feedback or a response to your query or involvement with us;
- send newsletters to you;
- invite you to events.
- IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision); and
- emergency services in the event of an emergency on-site.
- Personal information quality
- Storage and security of Personal Information
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
- Review and updates
We may also disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
We do not use Sensitive Information for marketing purposes.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure is required by law; is authorised by law; or you have consented to us disclosing the information about you.
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable effort to correct the information.
In the event that we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
You may request access, or correction, to all personal information that we hold about you.
To obtain access to personal information held about you by us, you may contact Scott De Vere (see contact details in item 8 below).
On request, we will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request, we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
We will take reasonable steps to correct information that is not accurate or up to date.
Anyone may make an inquiry or complaint about our compliance with the APPs by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letter to our registered office using the following contract details:
Contact person: Scott De Vere
Address: 44 Hall Road, Elimbah, Queensland 4516
Email address: email@example.com
For more information about protecting your privacy visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website http://www.privacy.gov.au.